The corona curfew has been extended till April 30 and will now be imposed across the district - including urban & rural areas
In view of the corona curfew's failure to restrict the infection transmission in Indore, the district administration converted it into a Janta Curfew on Wednesday. Reportedly, the scope of strictness and curbs have been expanded and the prohibitory orders will be imposed across the district, unlike the erstwhile curfew which only targeted the urban regions. The Janta Curfew will extend till April 30, read reports and during its course, vigil surveillance has been ordained.
Janta Curfew in Indore
The Indore district authorities have deployed police personnel everywhere across the city and those who are stepping outdoors needlessly, are being transported to temporary jails at BRTS via buses. The District Collector has further announced Section 144 in Indore and all relaxations permitted during the corona curfew have now been revoked.
As per orders, public transport will remain completely shut during this period. Similarly, all civil development work will also remain fully suspended. However, all grocery stores, milk stores have been permitted to work, at restricted hours for the convenience of the people. While petrol will be available, only a few marked gas stations will continue operation, read reports. Offices of tax collectors and chartered accountants will remain closes as will be the liquor shops.
Among other curbs, unrestrained comments have also been banned on internet media. The police will register an FIR if such posts or messages are sent out to instigate the public.
The curfew curbs are as follows:
- Employees of IT companies will now follow the Work from Home model. The offices of BPO and mobile companies will also remain closed and will be able to run with a maximum of 10% personnel
- Only grocery, ration control shops, fruit and vegetable shops and permanent shops will be open till 12 noon.- Milk delivery will be possible from 6 to 12 in the morning and from 4 to 7 in the evening
- Any shopkeeper found selling vegetables in the streets or haat market beyond prescribed timings will be arrested by the police and sent to jail
- No fruit or vegetable market will be set up outside Choithram Market, in any scenario
- In any situation outside the Choithram Fruit and Vegetable Market, Haat Markets will not be able to be set up
- The movement of industry and factory workers will be permitted on the basis of their identity cards. Industry operators are allowed to call for a minimum staff to keep up their production