Reportedly, 5,000 to 7,000 Remdesivir injections required in Indore's drug market daily.
The second wave of COVID pandemic has necessitated the requirement of ample medical resources more than ever before. In view of this, Indore received stock of 20,000 Remdesivir injections on Sunday, reportedly, gearing up its fight against the deadly virus. According to reports, 85% of these injections will be sent to medical colleges while 15% will be delivered to the district hospitals from Mahatama Gandhi Memorial Medical College, where they arrived.
5,000 to 7,000 Remdesivir injections required in Indore's drug market daily
The MGM Medical College in Indore has been designated as the nodal centre for the disbursement of anti-viral Remdesivir drugs across the state. Reportedly, the Dean of the College, Sanjay Dixit informed that out of the 20,000 injections, 85% will be sent to 13 medical colleges in different areas of the state. Apart from this, the remaining 15% will be transported to district hospitals.
As per reports, Indore has been affected by a dearth of these injections in recent times. Looking into demand-supply numbers of the city's medicine sector, it has been concluded that Indore requires 5,000-7,000 injections daily. Given the shortage, a large count of individuals queues up for getting the drugs leading to violation of social distancing guidelines. This further accentuates the fear of an accelerated COVID spread.
Soaring COVID tallies in Indore amid the dreadful 2nd wave!
Being the most troubled district in Madhya Pradesh, Indore recorded a spike of 919 new COVID patients on Sunday, the highest for 2021. With this, the city's tally of active patients has climbed up to 7,713 while the cumulative count of COVID-affected individuals stood at 78,511 on Sunday. Given these alarming numbers, the citizens need to make sure that their actions do not cause a further escalation in cases. Similarly, all guidelines and protocols laid out by the city administration need to be strictly adhered to.