The music scene in India is slowly but surely changing, with global artists coming to perform in the country, a plethora of music concerts and most of all celebrated music festivals. One such phenomenon we just can't wait for is the OnePlus Music Festival.
With a fantastic lineup that includes artists such as Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Amit Trivedi, The Local Train and more, the OnePlus Music Festival is unlike anything we've come across happening in the country.
All you need to know about the festival
The OnePlus Music festival brings together a never-before-seen kind of a line-up which we're extremely excited to see performing. The festival will be taking place mid November and here's a few things that you need to know about.
1. This is the first ever OnePlus Festival happening in the country and also the first time that Dua Lipa will be performing in the country.
2. While Katy Perry has visited India before, the first time for her wedding to (now ex-husband) Russell Brand, it would be her first ever performance in Mumbai.
3. The awesome line-up for the festival includes local artists such as Amit Trivedi, Ritviz, The Local Train and several others. While the former is known for songs such as Namo Namo, Shaam and Zinda, you'll recognise Ritviz for Jeet, Sage, Hum to Udd Gaye, and The Local Train for Choo Lo, Aaoge Tum Kabhi, and Aaftab.
4. Of the two iconic pop-stars performing in Mumbai, Katy has already reached the city while Dus is yet to leave for the country.
5. While you must be thinking that the international artists will come, tour the city and then leave for their respective abodes, the Bollywood faculty has decided to throw a huge reception for their favourite pop icon. Katy will be heading for a reception party with will be hosted by Bollywood biggie Karan Johar and is expected to see the presence of the regular industry-select few including Deepika, Ranveer, Aaliya, Varun Dhavan, Malaika Arora and more.
If you're a fan of pop and can't stop swaying to hits such as Roar, IDGAF, Chained to the Rhythm and New Rules, you have to be a part of the musical evening. The festival is surely on top of your to-do list and we just cannot wait for it to begin! If you're still looking to book your tickets, click away before they sell off like hot-cakes.
Date: November 16th, 2019
Venue: D.Y Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai