Everything about the new Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express, explained in 7 points
The train which combines comfort, speed and luxury was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Yogi Adityanath.
On its maiden journey, around 400 passengers travelled via the train.
If the train is late, the passengers will be compensated for waiting.
After months and months of waiting, the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express has finally been flagged off and passengers can finally rejoice!
The Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express which has been in the wraps for years has finally seen light of the day and was inaugurated yesterday. The train which combines comfort, speed and luxury was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Yogi Adityanath. On its maiden journey, around 400 passengers travelled via the train.
The train is touted to be many things, so here's everything you need to know about the new Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express before you book your tickets.
1. The Tejas Express is India's first train to be run by a private player. E-ticketing and catering partner of the Indian Railways, IRCTC will be entirely responsible for the smooth run and operation of the train.
2. The Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will take passengers from Lucknow to Delhi in merely 6.15 hours. The train will start from Lucknow at 6:10 am and reach New Delhi Railway Station at 12:25 PM. While for its second journey, the train will leave Delhi at 3:35 pm and reach Lucknow at 10:05 pm.
3. The tickets and the reservation system can only be done online via the IRCTC website or the IRCTC app. Passengers will also be able to book train tickets from authorised IRCTC agents.
4. The fare or the ticket prices are based on a dynamic system which means they will increase or decrease with an increase or decrease in the demand. The basic fare for the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will be ₹1,125 for AC chair car and ₹2,310 for executive chair car. On its return journey from Delhi-Lucknow the basic price for the AC chair car will be ₹1,280 and ₹2,450 for the executive chair car.
5. Every passenger travelling via the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will be granted a free train journey insurance of ₹25 lakhs. It will also include a 'household theft' insurance of ₹1 lakh against robbery and theft.
6. The new Lucknow Delhi Tejas Express will have no tatkal quota. Unlike other trains where you can book your tickets the day before, Tejas will not have the feature neither will it have the 120 days advance booking option. Passengers can reserve their seats only 60 days prior to their journey. However, after the chart is prepared, passengers can book their tickets via current booking.
7. If the train is late, the passengers will be compensated for waiting. For every hour the train is late, passengers will be compensated with ₹100!
This is all you need to know before you book your tickets for the new Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express. So what are you waiting for, get your tickets!