4 new trains will connect Nerul-Kharkpar while the other 4 will run between the Belapur-Kharkopar section.
Indian Railway's central zone has released a circular re-commissioning eight special suburban services on the central line starting November 20. These services will connect the Nerul/Belapur-Kharkopar section, ramping the number of services on the central line from 1572 to 1580 trains, starting tomorrow.
Central Line Locals Surge
The Central Zone has taken a decision to restart 4 special services along the Nerul-Kharkopar route and another 4 along the Belapur-Kharkopar route from tomorrow. These trains will provide eased connectivity to the citizens who are dealing with the scanty locals with respect to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Departure from Nerul: 08.45 hrs | Arrival at Kharkopar: 09.05 hrs
- Departure from Kharkopar: 09.15 hrs | Arrival at Nerul: 09.35 hrs
- Departure from Nerul: 17.45 hrs | Arrival at Kharkopar: 18.05 hrs
- Departure from Kharkopar: 18.15 hrs | Arrival at Nerul: 18.35 hrs
- Departure from Belapur: 09.32 hrs | Arrival at Kharkopar: 09.50 hrs
- Departure from Kharkopar: 10.00 hrs | Arrival at Belapur: 10.18 hrs
- Departure from Belapur: 18.32 hrs | Arrival at Kharkopar: 18.50 hrs
- Departure from Kharkopar: 19.00 hrs | Arrival at Belapur: 19.18 hrs
The Central Railways has further requested to the people to adhere to all safety norms as prescribed by the standard operating procedures, maintaining safe social distance, on the stations and through the journey. The circular also requests others, except for those identified by the State Government of Maharashtra and approved by the Ministry of Railways, to not rush to the stations.
Earlier, the Central line had resumed services partially post the nationwide lockdown on June 15 on the main, harbour and trans-harbour lines for essential workers and government officials. Since then, the Railways has been opening the local services for others in a graded and gradual manner.