Travelling between Mumbai and Ahmedabad will now become much comfortable, faster and easier, as IRCTC is launching a new Tejas Express to ferry passengers between the two cities. With the introduction of the train, travellers will finally get a state of the art train that runs between the two cities.
The news is, the train is being launched on 17th January and we're as excited as can be. So here's everything you need to know about the new Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express explained in 7 points.
What's the update?
After the immense success of Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express, IRCTC is launching its second train on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route. The new Mumbai- Ahmedabad Tejas Express will make its inaugural journey on 17th January, while normal journey will begin on 19th January. Which means that travelling between the two cities is going to get much faster and easier.
Here's everything we know about the new train:
1. The Mumbai Ahmedabad Tejas Express will become India's second private train. The train will be run by the catering, ticketing and tourism wing of Indian railways.
2. The train will run on all days of the week except 'Thursday'. It will make its journey every morning at 6:40 am from Ahmedabad and reach Mumbai Central Railway Station at 1:10 pm with a train number 82902. While on its return journey the train will run with the train number 82901, leaving Mumbai Central Station at 3:40 pm and reaching Ahmedabad at 9:55 pm.
3. Unlike the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express which only has two halt stations (Kanpur and Ghaziabad), the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express will have 6 halt stations. The train will make a 6.5 hour journey while stopping at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali.
4. The tickets for the train can only be booked via the IRCTC app or at 'www.irctc.co.in'. The Mumbai-Ahmedabad train runs on dynamic fare, which means that the price of tickets will change according to the demand. Though the basic fare of the train has been decided at ₹1362, it will have an additional dynamic fare.
5. Each passenger onboard will get free travel insurance while a compensation will be payed if there's any delay on the route. Plus, there won't be any tatkal or premium tatkal quota for ticket booking.
6. The new Tejas Express will have state of the art facilities including modern interiors, AC coaches, CCTV cameras, a professional crew for service, personal reading lights, several charging points, automatic doors and several others.
7. Other than 9 regular AC chair-car coaches, the train will also have an executive AC chair-car coach which can be opted by those who want a more premium feel.
With so much to offer and such amazing facilities to boast of, the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express is sure to win your hearts. So if you're planning to travel between the two cities, book your tickets now and ensure a faster and comfortable journey.