As per reports, the BEST will converge its attention on the introduction of buses on feeder routes.
In an attempt to ensure enhanced alternatives of commute for the residents, the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) launched 27 new bus routes in the city on Wednesday. Reportedly, the authorities have chalked new routes, in view of the changed pattern of commute, propelled by the pandemic. As per reports, the BEST will now converge its attention on the introduction of buses on feeder routes in the district.
A move by BEST to increase the passenger count
With the inception of new routes, the organisation is now aiming to improve the frequency of buses in the city. Reportedly, these vehicles will be functional between suburban railway stations and notable locations in the surroundings. As per reports, around 2.4 million passengers travel by BEST buses on a regular basis. Now, this initiative will help BEST to increase the passenger count, with the augmented run of the minibuses on feeder routes, located close to the suburban railway stations.
After the resumption of local train services for doubly-inoculated citizens on Independence Day, BEST recorded a significant drop in its passenger tally, between August 15 and August 23. Now, the latest scheme will help in assuring easier and upgraded travel for the city folks.
Buses to be functional on THESE 27 routes
बेस्ट बस मार्गाचे सुसूत्रीकरण दि ०१.०९.२०२१ पासून मुंबईकरांचा बस प्रवास जलद व प्रतीक्षा काळ कमी असेल असे नवीन २७… https://t.co/rl3XUYSCBC— BEST Bus Transport (@BEST Bus Transport)1630390762.0
- AC -1 from Colaba to Khodadad circle
- AC-1 from R C Church to Mahim
- C-2 from Colaba to Dharavi, C-10 from Colaba to Dharavi
- C-12 from Santacruz to Dahisar
- C-15 from Worli to Dindoshi
- C-21 from Colaba to Anushakti Nagar
- C-33 from Worli to Goregaon
- C-40 from Sewree to Dindoshi
- C-42 from Sion to Dadlani Park, Thane
- C-42 from Sion to Cadbury Junction, Thane
- C-51 from Colaba to Santacruz
- C-53 from Ghatkopar to Kalamboli
- C-54 from Worli to Airoli
- AC-60 from Deonar to Borivali
- C-61 from Mulund to Mira Road
- C-71 from Mahim to Mira Road
- C-72 from Sion to Bhayander
- C-86 from Backbay to Mahim
- C-302 from Sion to Mulund
- C-305 from Backbay to Dharavi
- C-440 from Wadala to Borivali
- C-505 from Bandra to CBD Belapur
- C-513 from Mulund to Vashi
- C-521 from Wadala to Ghansoli
- C-700 from Magathane to Thane
- C-718 from Dindoshi to Bhayander