All shops in Maharashtra will be permitted to open from 7 AM to 2 PM, instead of the previous 7 AM to 11 AM.
The Maharashtra government on Sunday announced the extension of the present lockdown-like restrictions in the state till June 15. However, the administration has awarded certain relaxations in wake of the substantial infection arrest across the territory, as per people's expectations. The government also released a set of guidelines regarding the eased protocols which highlights that all shops that were earlier allowed to operate only from 7 AM to 11 AM, can now function till 2 PM.
New guidelines for extended lockdown in Mumbai
In wake of the rapid rise in coronavirus cases in certain districts, the state has decided to stretch the lockdown order by 15 days here. While the state is in favour of imposing additional restrictions in these sensitive regions, districts reporting less than 10% virus positivity, like state capital Mumbai, will be granted some relaxations. The state on a whole will observe a phased-unlock procedure to prevent an unprecedented swirl of infection surge. Health infrastructure will also be strengthened during this period, informed the Chief Minister.
The state has listed these new guidelines to ensure order and clarity in listed districts during the extended lockdown period:
- All essential shops will be permitted to open from 7 AM to 2 PM, instead of the previous limited 7 AM to 11 AM.
- Disaster Management Authorities are empowered to take a call on the opening of the non-essential stand-alone shops. If allowed to open, these shops cannot operate beyond the timings of essential shops. All stores and centres will remain shut on the weekends.
- Agro-based shops and stores will be allowed to work till 2 PM on weekdays. The DMA may extend the timings during weekdays, or allow operations on weekends, on account of sowing season requirements and the approaching monsoon.
- Delivery of essential, non-essential goods via e-commerce will be permitted.
- After 3 PM, public movement shall be restricted. However, home deliveries and travel due to medical and other emergencies will be exempted, according to an order dated May 12, 2021.
- All public offices engaged directly in COVID management can function with 25% attendance. Here also, respective DMA may permit higher attendance on the request of the concerned HOD. This authority shall lie in the hands of the Chief Secretary of Maharashtra in the MCGM area, for GOI and GOM establishments.