Amid the escalated effects of the monsoons in Goa, waterlogging has severely affected the tunnels between Karmali and Thivim railway stations. Due to this, the Konkan Railway authorities have decided to divert five trains or tranship passengers of four other trains that run on this route. Read on to find out the list of diverted trains and the alternate routes chalked for them.
Here's the index of diverted trains-
As per the information given by Konkan Railway Goa PRO Baban Ghatge, the following 5 trains have been diverted
- Train no. 2618 H. Nizamuddin Ernakulam Express will pass through Panvel, Karjat, Pune Jn, Miraj Jn, Hubballi, Krishnarajapuram, Erode Jn, Shoranur Jn as a part of the new route assigned to it.
- Train No. 04696 Amritsar Jn - Kochuveli Weekly Special dated July 18, will take a diverted path running through Panvel, Karjat, Pune Jn, Miraj Jn, Hubballi, Krishnarajapuram, Erode Jn, Shoranur Jn and further connected route.
- Train No. 01224 Ernakulam Jn - Lokmanya Tilak (T) Duranto bi-weekly special dated July 18 will take an alternate route passing through Madgaon Jn, Londa Jn, Miraj Jn, Pune Jn, Karjat, Panvel and further proper route.
- Train No. 09261 Kochuveli - Porbandar weekly special dated July 18 has been diverted via Madgaon Jn, Londa Jn, Miraj Jn, Pune Jn, Karjat, Panvel and further proper route.
- Train No. 02977 Ernakulam Jn - Ajmer Jn Weekly Special dated July 18 has been diverted via Madgaon Jn, Londa Jn, Miraj Jn, Pune Jn, Karjat, Panvel and further proper route.
Passengers from THESE trains are being diverted
- Passengers of Train No. 01111 Mumbai CST - Madgaon Jn 'Konkankanya' Daily Special dated July 18 are being transhipped from Thivim to Madgaon Jn railway stations.
- Passengers from Train No. 01114 Madgaon Jn - Mumbai CST 'Mandovi' Daily Special dated July 19, which originated from Thivim railway station at 12:00 hrs on July 19 are also being transhipped. They will move from Margao to Thivim railway stations.
- Passengers who have reservations in Train No. 02432 H. Nizamuddin - Thiruvananthapuram Central 'Rajdhani' tri-weekly special dated July 18 are being transhipped from Pernem railway station to Madgaon junction.
- Passengers with booked tickets for Train No. 02413 Madgaon Jn - H. Nizamuddin 'Rajdhani' bi-weekly special dated July 19 are being transhipped from Madgaon Jn to Pernem railway station.
Additionally, the PRO informed that interventions have already been initiated to clear the tracks.
- With inputs from IANS