In an attempt to ease the pass procurement process for travel in Mumbai locals, the Maharashtra government has initiated the facility of e-passes for fully inoculated individuals. While offline passes were available previously, citizens who have completed 14 days after the second vaccine jab can now also purchase passes online. As per reports, BMC affirmed that e-passes would be easily provided under the 'Universal Pass System', as the suburban trains resume operations from August 15 onwards.
E-passes to be given only after the two-week period from the 2nd dose
Reportedly, the BMC released a statement that the e-passes must be saved on mobile devices and the citizens will get a monthly pass from the railways after producing the virtual document at the counter. Further, it is noteworthy that individuals who apply for an e-pass without completion of 14 days after the second jab, will get them only after the stated period ends. Created by the Maharashtra Government, the online https://epassmsdma.mahait.org can be accessed through all web browsers.
Follow these steps to get your pass-
1. In order to get the pass, visit the launched portal by clicking here.
2. Once the page opens, click on "Travel Pass for Vaccinated Citizens"
3. Here, you have to enter the same mobile number used for Cowin registration.
4. For confirmation purposes, you will receive an OTP via a text message.
5. After verification of this OTP, beneficiary name, mobile number and other details will come up automatically.
6. Thereafter, choose the 'Generate Pass' alternative
7. Post this, dates of 1st and 2nd doses and other information will be displayed automatically.
8. The permitted individual can upload his/her picture in the 'self-image'. This can be done through the mobile phone also, using a pre-saved picture, or by clicking a new one.
9. Then, a message will be displayed saying that a link will be received via text in 48 hours.
10. Once you get the link, download and save the e-pass
Notably, BMC has appealed to the citizens not to crowd at station premises. The offline verification process can be completed in phases and the online system must also be used for an easier and faster process. Besides, the authorities have affirmed that strict action will be taken against individuals who prepare and produce wrong documents for getting the e-pass.