Starting Monday, 8 new AC suburban trains will be added to the air-conditioned local fleet of Western Railway in Mumbai. These additional services will ply along the Churchgate-Virar corridor, amplifying the daily luxury train frequency from 12 to 20 services. The move is set to establish a better AC train network in Mumbai, boosting convenient train travel for all.
2 New AC locals at peak hours to stagger train traffic
The Western Railway on Friday announced that it will run 4 new AC services in the up and the other 4 in the down direction, from November 22. Two trains of this new fleet, one in each direction, will be deployed to stagger the crowds during peak hours. Notably, the additional AC trains will be scheduled at strategic hours to ensure maximum benefit to the people. Here's the train distribution:
In the up direction (towards Churchgate)
- 1 slow train will run from Virar to Churchgate
- 2 slow trains between Borivali and Churchgate
- 1 slow train from Goregaon to Churchgate
In the down direction (towards Virar)
- 1 fast train from Churchgate to Nallasopara
- 2 slow trains from Churchgate to Borivali
- 1 slow train from Churchgate to Goregaon
As per reports, two regular slow suburban services, between Churchgate and Bandra, will stand cancelled from November 22 to accommodate the new AC schedule.