Instagram, one of the most popular image sharing platforms that allows users to share pictures and videos with their friends and family. While it has several tools that help users in posting images, one of the feature that it lacks is the ability to repost or regram the images shared by other users,
Instagram allows users to share images posted by others to Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp, both applications owned by Facebook. Apart from that, the app also allows you to copy the share URL, which can be posted on any platform to find the image.
While you always have the option of taking a screenshot and then sharing it after cropping the unwanted items, this often results in loss of quality and is not always practical.
Other platforms like Twitter and Facebook have a retweet and share option on their platforms and we expect Instagram to add something similar in the future. Meanwhile, you can use Repost for Instagram, a third party app that allows you to repost images shared by public accounts on Instagram, along with a watermark that mentions the username of the original poster.
How to use Repost for Instagram
You can easily repost any image shared by a public account on Instagram by following the below steps:
- Once you copy the link, open Repost for Instagram.
- The app will then allow you to change the watermark’s position and background.
- Once you have selected the position and color, click on Repost.
- The app will now allow you to paste the caption from the original post or you can skip this and click on open Instagram.
- You will now be redirected to Instagram, where you can crop the image or add desired effects to the image.
- Once you are done, click the arrow key to post the image to your account and you’re done!