When Xiaomi launched the Mi A2 in India earlier this year in August, it was a huge hit in the sub-₹20,000 price bracket. At the time, Xiaomi launched the Mi A2 with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. A special Red edition was also revealed last month by the company. Now, three months later, Xiaomi has launched another variant with 6GB of RAM and 12GB of storage.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Specifications
- 5.99 inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 (Quad 2.2GHz Kyro 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kyro 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4 GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64 GB internal storage / 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128 GB internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM Capability
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, EIS, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
Currently, the 6 GB RAM variant of the device is priced at ₹17,999, which the company says is a limited time offer leading us to believe that the price may hike in the future. It will be available on the Amazon India website along side the base model of the phone which is priced at a reasonable ₹14,999.