During the launch of the POCO F1, Xiaomi had promised to soon roll out the MIUI 10 update. Keeping this promise, Xiaomi has finally started rolling out the MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM in India, two months after it was launched running on MIUI 9.6
The update brings the version to MIUI Global Stable ROM 10.0.4.0.OEJMIFH and is currently being rolled out to users via an over-the-air (OTA) update. It is 592 MB in size and also brings the October security patch.
While this is still based on Android 8.1 Oreo, the company recently started rolling out the Android Pie update for a closed group of beta testers. The stable version is expected to be rolled out by the end of the year.
C Manmohan, General Manager, POCO India, in his post on Twitter said, “POCO fans! #DiwaliwithMi just keeps getting better. We have started rolling out MIUI 10 stable for #POCOF1 to all users. It's time to update!”
The new MIUI 10 update brings several improvements such as full-screen gestures, redesigned notification panel, revamped volume sliders, natural sound system, improved multitasking management and more.
- Designed for full screen experience
- All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage.
- (New design looks fresh and clean on older devices too)
- Natural sound system
- You won’t get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI.
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you’ll hear something only when you need to.
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what’s important.
In addition to the update, there is another good news for Xiaomi fans. The company, on the occasion of Diwali, has discounted some variants of the POCO F1.
While the base variant has not received any discount, the pricer variants have been discounted to make the device more competitive. The 6GB RAM + 128GB storage variant is now available for ₹21,999, after a price cut of ₹3,000.
The 8GB RAM + 256GB storage variant has been discounted by ₹4,000 and it is now available for ₹26,999. Finally, the premium Armoured Edition has received a discount of ₹3,000 and is now available for ₹27,999.