After being in maintenance mode for around 8 hours, PUBG Mobile 0.10 update is finally here and players can head to Play Store or App Store to update their games to the new version. The new PUBG Mobile update is slated to bring Vikendi, a 6x6 snow map to the popular Battle Royale game.
While the update is being rolled out globally, servers for Vikendi snow map will go live on December 20. So, players will have to wait for a little while before they will be able to drive a snowmobile through snowy terrains. The new update brings winter and snow to the gameplay. The main menu and Spawn Island will feature interactive objects such as bells that can be redeemed for rewards from the store. Players will also be able to throw snowballs at each other on the Vikendi Spawn Island.
Vikendi 6x6 Snow map
Vikendi is being portrayed as this next big map by Tencent Games that is 6x6 in area making it up to two times bigger than the recent addition, Sanhok. Players can expect the gameplay style on Vikendi to be a bit of a mix between Miramar, Sanhok and Erangel, where players will require a bit of a tactical expertise if they want to grab that chicken dinner. While we haven’t gotten our hands on the map yet, it is hinted that places of attraction include regions like Cosmodrome, Dino Park, Castle, Winery among others. We’re especially looking forward to the gameplay style on the Castle and its surrounding areas as it is in the middle of a lake.
The PUBG Mobile 0.10 update will also bring the Snowmobile for players to navigate the icy terrains of Vikendi.
PUBG MOBILE 0.10 update: What's New
- Vikendi, a 6km x 6km snow map, is coming! It will be available for download at 0:00 UTC on 20th of December 2018, and available for matchmaking 24 hours later. We recommend downloading the map first.
- New weather added: Snow
- Vikendi-exclusive vehicle: Snowmobile
- Snowball Fight added to Vikendi's Spawn Island.
- Added a Snow theme to the main menu. Collect bells from all Classic mode matches and exchange them for rewards at the event center!
- Added Arabic support.
- Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers.
- Players that repeatedly exiting matches right after starting will now be banned from finding matches for a period of time.
- Players may now report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
- Added a layout for players with large hands.
- Added tags to items with quality, categories and background information.
- Added a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel's Spawn Island. Season 1's winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server and modes. Season 2 registration starts at 0:00 UTC on 18 DEC 2018!
- Players' best results in Crew Challenge will now be shown on their Crew pages and can be shared with other players.
- Players now can collect all daily mission awards at once.
- New commands added to Quick Chat.
- Added Firearms Finish Upgrade System, where players can use materials at the Lab to upgrade certain weapon finishes to get additional kill effects, unique kill broadcasts, and death crate appearances.
- Added Lucky Treasure, a feature that gives players a chance to get upgradable weapon finish Glacier - M416 when they finish daily missions.
- Added Season spending rewards. Spend different amounts to get excellent rewards and steep discounts on firearm finishes.
- Added a feature in the backpack to show sources of unobtained items when tapped.
- Players now do not need to select a second language for matchmaking and chat.
- Chat system now takes up less memory and stores more messages.
- Shop's front page has been tuned to emphasize themes of each major update.