PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) Mobile Season 4 is live. The new season comes with a host of new additions and refreshes. With the third season having ended on November 18, PUBG Mobile Season 4 update went live for players on November 20 followed by the Season 4 servers which went online from November 21, giving access to all users at the same time.
PUBG Mobile Season 4: What's new
PUBG Mobile: Beryl M762 automatic assault rifle
The fourth season of PUBG Mobile is bringing a range of new additions and improvements to the battle royale game. For starters, Season 4 adds a new rifle, the Beryl M762, which is an assault rifle chambering 7.62mm caliber bullets. Its damage per second score is higher than the AKM with the rate of fire being close to that of Groza, but it all results in an even higher recoil. The M762 will be available in all the three maps- Erangel, Miramar and Sanhok.
Some Sanhok exclusive updates include dynamic weather along with a new vehicle, the Scooter.
PUBG Mobile: Hardcore Mode
Apart from these new additions, Royale Pass Season 4 also brings the Hardcore mode for Erangel to offer the same PC experience on mobiles as well. In the hardcore mode, players won’t have any visual cues or enemy footsteps indicator which means that its time to put on your earphones if you want to survive. Players will also have to manually open doors, pick up weapons and reload their current weapon everytime in the hardcore mode. This does raise the bar high but it would be interesting to see how players survive this new mode without any visual cues or indicators on the map which is how PUBG is really played on PC.
This update adds more firearm finishes, rare outfits, new hairstyles and character faces. Mission Cards have also been added and the redemption feature has been fine tuned as well.
This new update also brings increased chances of certain crate drops. For the upcoming Black Friday, a new event has been created with heavily discounted packs.
PUBG Mobile Season 4: Royal Pass details
With the Royal pass, users can enjoy weekly challenges and play up to 100 RP level. There will be two options to choose from - Elite Upgrade and Elite Upgrade Plus. PUBG will also give special benefits and access to locked items to users who cross 100 RP level.
PUBG Mobile Season 4: When is it coming
PUBG is sending out notifications to users revealing details about the upcoming season, and its availability as well. The new update is went live on November 20 followed by the servers which were activated for all players on November 21.
PUBG Mobile Royale Pass Season 4 Changelog
- Added M762 automatic rifle, which can be found on all maps. It is the first 7.62mm automatic rifle that accommodates stocks. It has 3 firing modes: single shot, triple shot, full-auto.
- Added Scooter to Sanhok. This vehicle accommodates up to 2 players.
- Added dynamic weather to Sanhok. Now the weather changes between sunny, rain and foggy at random.
- Added Hardcore Mode, where footstep sounds and audio cues are removed to resemble the PC experience. This mode will be available periodically in the form of "Hardcore Week"
- Added more firearm finishes, rare outfit rewards, new character faces and hairstyles. Also added 600 UC to Elite Pass rewards for players to purchase next season's Pass.
- Fine-tuned the redemption feature so Elite Pass holders can purchase discounted items with BP or RP points.
- Added Mission Cards for players to complete harder missions.
- Added a Black Friday event where discounted backs are even cheaper for 3 days.
- Added a system where the odds of getting certain crate items are increased dramatically for a limited amount of time. Stay tuned for more information.
- Matchmaking and Chat now supports not choosing a second language.
- Optimized the Chat system to take up less RAM and keep more messages.
- Tuned the front page of the shop to emphasize weapon finish themes.