The 52nd Int'l Film Festival of India is setting the screen for the world's top feature films in Goa!
The week-long premiere of the 52nd IFFI is going live in Goa on November 20, 2021
To entice the movie buff in you, the 52nd Internation Film Festival of India is going to premiere its week-long shenanigans in Goa, starting November 20. Pegged to be one of the most significant film festivals of Asia, IFFI is a celebration of the world's top cinematic works, casting them from screens to people's hearts! Get set ready to grab a bowl of popcorn, sit back and watch the most iconic films play their charm and compete for the annual Golden Peacock award.
IFFI nominates 15 feature films from round the globe for the 52nd Season
The latest edition in Goa has released a line-up of 15 international movies to compete during the festival. Notably, the film festival is setting the screen for the best feature-length fiction films, round the globe and now you've got a chance to watch 'em all! :
- Any Day Now | Dir : Hamy Ramezan | Finland
- Charlotte | Dir : Simon Franco | Paraguay
- Godavari | Dir: Nikhil Mahajan | Marathi, India
- Intregalde | Dir : Radu Muntean |Romania
- Land of Dreams | Dir : Shirin Neshat & Shoja Azari | New Mexico, USA
- Leader | Dir : Katia Priwieziencew | Poland
- Me Vasantrao | Dir: Nipun Avinash Dharmadhikari | Marathi, India
- Moscow Does Not Happen | Dir : Dmitry Fedorov | Russia
- No Ground Beneath The Feet| Dir : Mohammad Rabby Mridha | Bangladesh
- Once We Were Good For You | Dir : Branko Schmidt | Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Ring Wandering | Dir : Masakazu Kaneko | Japan
- Saving One Who Was Dead | Dir : Vaclav Kadrnka | Czech Republic
- Semkhor | Dir: Aimee Baruah | Dimasa, India
- The Dorm | Dir : Roman Vasyanov | Russia
- The First Fallen | Dir : Rodrigo de Oliveira | Brazil
List of awards at IFFI 2021
Backed by the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), in association with the Government of Goa and the Indian Film Industry, IIFI is an honourary stage. Besides being prestigious, each award conferred here comes with substantial prize money. All nominated movies will compete for various categories. These are:
-Best Film or the Golden Peacock Award - The award carries a cash prize of ₹40,00,000/ which is to be shared equally between the Director and Producer. The Director will receive the Golden Peacock and a Certificate, along with the cash component. The Producer, on the other hand, will receive a Certificate in addition to the cash component.
- Best Director Award - To be felicitated with Silver Peacock, a certificate and a cash prize of ₹15,00,000/-
- Best Actor (Male) - To be felicitated with Silver Peacock, Certificate and a cash prize of ₹10,00,000/-
-Best Actor (Female) - To be felicitated with Silver Peacock, Certificate and a cash prize of ₹10,00,000/-
-Special Jury Award - To be felicitated with Silver Peacock, Certificate and a cash prize of ₹15,00,000/-. This award may be conferred for any movie or any aspect of the film which the jury wishes to award/acknowledge. An individual can also bag the honour, read the official note. Reportedly, if this award is given to the film, it will handed over to the Director of the film.
The International Film Festival of India was founded in 1952 and since then, has been staged as an annual event. The festival brings the finest silver-screen works and showcases a bouquet of the best films from India and abroad. This year, IFFI will stretch from November 20 to November 28.