IIT Indore selected as 5G Testing Lab

IIT Indore selected as 5G Testing Lab

The lab to have vital infrastructure, such as 5G SA components, SIM cards, Dongles, IoT Gateway, Routers, Application Servers, etc.

The Indian Institute of Technology Indore has been selected as one of the prominent institutions in India to establish a 5G lab among the 100 institutes nationwide. This announcement was made during the inauguration of the 7th India Mobile Congress, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Bharat Mandapam.

Key focus will be on Advanced Quantum Technologies

IIT Indore's Director, Prof Suhas Joshi, expressed his pride in the institute's selection for this significant responsibility. He stated that the government will fund 80% of the capital expenditure for setting up the lab, with the institute covering the remaining 20%. Additionally, the government will fully support the operational expenses for the next four years.

IIT Indore's 5G lab will focus on advanced quantum technologies, contributing to local development and showcasing research innovations on a global scale. The lab will be equipped with essential infrastructure, including 5G SA infrastructure, SIMs, Dongles, IoT Gateway, Routers, and Application Servers, along with a management dashboard. The institute will provide the necessary facilities, such as space, power supply, internet and intranet connectivity, equipment, and local tech manpower for maintenance. Moreover, IIT Indore is committed to training a minimum of 50 students and 10 faculty members in the 5G lab, further enhancing India's capabilities in the realm of 5G technology.

To get all the latest content, download our mobile application. Available for both iOS & Android devices.