Government schools in Indore welcome dropouts for skill training
Six government higher secondary schools in the Indore district have been selected to welcome dropouts who have studied up to class 8th. The motive of the project is to upskill youth to make them employable and open better career opportunities. Narendra Jain, Assistant District Project Coordinator of Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyaan (RMSA), told TOI that the programme will be run as a pilot project this year. Trainers in these education hubs will be guided by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
Details about the programme
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Fwww.theindianiris.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F04%2F23jan_tysri0a_s_TY_2288200f.jpg%3Fresize%3D636%2C330%26ssl%3D1&ho=https%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com&s=403&h=035d45759749f5ab5c3da39cdaa7c77b3a9aea950611dc9496e6d6958ede1b60&size=980x&c=1025564052 photo_credit="" pin_description="" dam="0" site_id=20074994 caption="" photo_credit_src="https://i2.wp.com/www.theindianiris.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/23jan_tysri0a_s_TY_2288200f.jpg?resize=636%2C330&ssl=1" crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Fwww.theindianiris.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2016%252F04%252F23jan_tysri0a_s_TY_2288200f.jpg%253Fresize%253D636%252C330%2526ssl%253D1%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fi2.wp.com%26s%3D403%26h%3D035d45759749f5ab5c3da39cdaa7c77b3a9aea950611dc9496e6d6958ede1b60%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1025564052%22%7D" expand=1]
- Candidates of ages 15 to 29 years are eligible to enrol for free, given that they have passed class 8 or failed class 9.
- The training programme will last 6 months.
- Training will be done for 3 specific areas - software training, field technician training, and General Duty Assistance.
- Candidates will be eligible to apply for the roles of Junior Software Developer, Field Technician, and General Duty Assistants (medical) post-training.
- About 20 to 40 candidates will be enrolled for each category.
- They will be provided with a certificate on completion of the training period.
The schools that have been selected in the Indore district include Govt. Excellence Bal Vinay Mandir, Govt. Girls Malav Kanya Moti Tabela, Govt. Excellence HS Mhow, Govt. Girls HS Depalpur, Govt. HS Ahilya Ashram No. 1, and Govt. HS Ahilya Ashram No. 2. Along with these schools, a total of 161 schools have been selected as skill hubs across Madhya Pradesh.
-Contributed by Sanjay Thankur