All private and public schools in Rajasthan will hold offline classes from 7:30 AM to 6 PM, in two shifts.
Ahead of the reopening of all senior public and private schools in Rajasthan from September 1, the state education department has issued new SOPs against the COVID-19 spread. According to these, all institutes here will operate in two shifts, from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM for Classes 9 to 12. Read on to know about the detailed norms of safe offline classes in Rajasthan:
Separate slots & shifts for classes 9 to 12
About 14.914 government and 16,180 private schools in Rajasthan are preparing to welcome a total of 51 lakh students of classes 9-12 from September 1. Thus, the education department has listed SOPs to ensure social distancing and the limitation of virus spread here. Separate shifts and slots have been included in the time-table to avoid crowding during assembly time, which are as follows:
Reporting time during morning shift:
- Classes 9 and 11 at 7:30 AM
- Classes 10 and 12 at 8 AM
Reporting time during the afternoon shift
- Classes 9 and 11 at 12:30 PM
- Classes 10 and 12 at 1:00 PM
Students can only attend offline classes at the school campus with their parents' consent. The parents also have to ensure that their wards will follow all prescribed norms of COVID protection. School authorities are directed to refrain from pressurising parents and guardians from sending their ward to school if they are hesitant to do so.
The Education Department has further ordained that classes can be held only in open rooms. If the classrooms are cramped, closed or window-less, they cannot be used for holding offline sessions. It will be imperative for all attendees, including students, teachers and staff to wear a face mask at all times and maintain social distance. All norms and guidelines are defined in the state order which are as follows:
- Students will be seated at a safe distance of 2 feet from each other. If classroom benches are desgined to accommodate three pupils, the middle seat will be left vacant
- Students will not be permitted to leave their allotted seats without permission. Movement on campus will also be prohibited
- Students will have to eat lunch in their allotted space and sharing of food will not be permitted. Water coolers will also remain closed. Students are expected to bring their own water bottle from home
- All activities that encourage social gatherings, such as sports and assembly meets will remain suspended
- Sharing of books, pencils, pens, other stationery or any item between students will be curtailed. Students have to maintain a safe distance from fellow classmates at all times
- Students are directed to not attend classes if they show any symptoms of the virus, such as fever, cold or cough
- Those travelling via school buses will also be allotted seats
- Online classes will be held for all students who cannot attend schools
All guidelines have to be followed with strictness to ensure maximum safety and precaution against the rise of coronavirus infection. Parents, students and school administration have to share responsibilities to prevent any callousness at any given point.