It is being expected that the administration will give a green signal to water sports' activities from January 2021 onwards.
Back in 2019, the authorities of the city had built a Kanpur Boat Club worth 11 crores to conduct water sports on the Ganga Barrage but the inauguration didn't take place due to administrative issues. Last week, the Divisional Commissioner of Kanpur, Raj Shekhar, visited the Boat Club in the city and ordered the officials to ensure that the proceeding work was sped up to meet the timelines issued by the state government. Now the Kanpur Boat Club is finally expected to be thrown open to the public next year as it is being assumed that remaining work will conclude in December.
Water Sports to start January 2021 onwards
According to the KDA officers, the club is being laid out as one of the best places to visit in the city. The Divisional Commissioner also mentioned that upon investigation, it has been found that 90% of the work of this project is complete and the remaining 10% shall be completed within the next three months.
It is being expected that the administration will give a green signal to water sports' activities from January 2021 onwards. The Vice-Chairman of KDA, Rakesh Kumar, further added that the whole idea behind this boat club was brought to light by the integrated development committee, about 10 years back.
The Secretary of the Kanpur Boat Club and coordinator of the integrated development committee, Neeraj Srivastava, had previously chalked down the resolution of the club, in front of the state government officials. The funds were released by the government, occasionally.
The KDA Vice-Chairman is all set to review the lagging work at the Botanical Garden project as well. Moreover, the related departments will soon work on the process of issuing a tender for purchasing boats and a boat shed will also be put in place here. Simultaneously, the cleaning works at Atal Ghat will commence under the provisions of Unlock 5.0 and it is slated to be completed within a week's time.