Here's a list of active road diversions in Kanpur, imposed ahead of Assembly Elections tomorrow
24 hours ahead of the Assembly Polls in Kanpur, a slew of traffic diversions have been placed across the city. As per reports, the diversions will primarily impact traffic on Naubasta-Hamirpur road and other nearby areas, today and tomorrow. Notably, all heavy vehicles will be prohibited here, from 6 AM to 6 PM on the weekend. Check the full list of road diversions here:
Diversions in Kanpur for heavy vehicles
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Fimages%2Fnewimg%2F09012020%2F09_01_2020-metro_work_19921772.jpg&ho=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jagranimages.com&s=22&h=85a5c667e17a6012b72b024224c4f49844820d3da29be9f2317f63867c9a5f73&size=980x&c=2891266978 photo_credit="" pin_description="" dam="0" site_id=20074994 caption="" photo_credit_src="https://www.jagranimages.com/images/newimg/09012020/09_01_2020-metro_work_19921772.jpg" crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Fimages%252Fnewimg%252F09012020%252F09_01_2020-metro_work_19921772.jpg%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.jagranimages.com%26s%3D22%26h%3D85a5c667e17a6012b72b024224c4f49844820d3da29be9f2317f63867c9a5f73%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2891266978%22%7D" expand=1]
- No movement of heavy vehicles will be permitted from the Ghatampur intersection towards the Naubasta intersection. Such vehicles will be diverted towards Musanagar and Chaudagara from Ghatampur square.
- The twin route, from the Naubasta intersection towards Ghatampur, will also be closed for heavy vehicles. The alternative route will map along Musanagar and Chaudagara from Ghatampur square.
- These vehicles will also be allowed to go to Kanpur Dehat via Barra Bypass. Those heading towards Allahabad or Lucknow can take the Ramadevi intersection.
- No heavy vehicle will be able to come towards Naubasta Mandi Committee (Kanpur Nagar) from Ramaipur side. All such vehicles.
Road Barriers in Kanpur
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Fweb2images%2F521%2F2021%2F07%2F02%2Ffoot-overbridge_1625164505.jpg&ho=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.bhaskarassets.com&s=372&h=e75df693f7cc8bc63568df9f6b1113f82e6d355b5ee45278b0f01629a3ce2a58&size=980x&c=3204062099 photo_credit="" pin_description="" dam="0" site_id=20074994 caption="" photo_credit_src="https://images.bhaskarassets.com/web2images/521/2021/07/02/foot-overbridge_1625164505.jpg" crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Fweb2images%252F521%252F2021%252F07%252F02%252Ffoot-overbridge_1625164505.jpg%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fimages.bhaskarassets.com%26s%3D372%26h%3De75df693f7cc8bc63568df9f6b1113f82e6d355b5ee45278b0f01629a3ce2a58%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3204062099%22%7D" expand=1]
The movement of buses will be initiated during the collection of EVMs after the polling has concluded. In wake of this, a high traffic pressure is expected between the Naubasta-Bidhnu border to Gallamandi for which four different barriers will be in place here. Police personnel will also be deployed here to ensure seamless movement.
Barriers from Bidhnu to Naubasta
- At Naubasta Bidhnu border, near Paharpur Chungi
- On Hamirpur Road, at Samadhi Pulia
Barriers from Naubasta to Bidhnu
-At SK College Pulia
-Naubasta Bamba Intersection
It may be noted that non of the above-listed diversions are applicable on fire services, ambulances and vehicles carrying life-saving drugs. All light vehicles along the Naubasta intersection and Hamirpur Road or the Ghatampur to Naubasta Chauraha route will be allowed to pass after stopping as per requirement.