Kanpur's Jhakarkati bus stand to be revamped with state-of-the-art facilities

Kanpur's Jhakarkati bus stand to be revamped with state-of-the-art facilities

The upgraded bus terminal will boast deluxe facilities including a food court, shopping complex, retiring roams and even theatres.

The Jhakarkati bus stand of Kanpur city will soon be upgraded to an interstate bus depot as the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) has proposed a plan to equip the complex with best-in-class facilities.

Under the plan, the upgraded bus terminal will boast deluxe facilities including a food court, shopping complex, retiring roams and even theatres. The bus terminal will be redeveloped through a public-private partnership (PPP) model, for which the tenders have already been floated.

More about the beautification procedure

The Jhakarkati bus depot of Kanpur covers an area of 22,000 square meters, out of which 30% of the area will be utilized to construct the complex facility for the passengers. 45% of the area will be utilized for commercial usage while the remaining 55% area will be kept reserved for bus operations. Notably, the selected contractor who will be assigned for the beautification work of the depot will also be in charge for the maintenance of the facility for 35 years.

Furthermore, the Jhakarkati bus depot is to be upgraded under UPSRTC's statewide revamp initiative under which multiple bus stations of other UP districts will also be reconstructed.

To get all the latest content, download our mobile application. Available for both iOS & Android devices. 

Related Stories

No stories found.
Knocksense
www.knocksense.com