- Knocksense Events
Lucknow to Delhi in 6 hours: Features, schedule & timings of the new Tejas Express
Travelling between Lucknow and Delhi has always been a fuss. Though the two cities have been connected via road, air and several rail routes, the heavy traffic on the route is often difficult to manage. The trains are not only overbooked, they are late, uncomfortable and take ages to reach the destination. To counter every single one of the said issues, the railway department has come up with the new Tejas Express for Lucknow. We have to say from what we’re hearing about the train, our rail journey will soon become super comfortable.
So if you’ve been wondering what is so special about the train, here’s everything we know about the new Lucknow to Delhi Tejas Express.
1. It has only one stop! Yes, you read that right. This new train will not stop at any other station, except for Kanpur, on its way to and from Lucknow. The train will make one and only stop at Kanpur and that is exactly why the duration of your travel will decrease significantly. Tejas Express is meant for people who are looking for a quick journey and do not want to spend a ton of time on the train.
2. Which means, it’ll take approximately 6 hours to reach Delhi. Reaching Delhi has never been this fast via train, even the Shatabdi Express takes almost 8 hours to reach Delhi. While other trains, have a lot of stoppages and thus take double the time.
3. The trains is a full-fledged luxury carrier, which will have amenities such as a fully air conditioned chair car, LCD entertainment and information screen. Not just that, it will also have free wifi onboard, personalised reading lamps, modular bio toilets, attendant calling button, smoke detectors and suppressors as well as automatic doors between coaches and automatic doors on entry and exit. WOAH! That is what we call a modern luxury train.
4. The train number 12585 will start from Lucknow at 6:50 AM and reach New Delhi at 1:35 pm. On its return journey the train number would change to 12586 and it would leave New Delhi at 3: 35 PM to reach Lucknow by 10:05 PM. The train will run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
5. Tejas Express may become the first train to be run by private operators. According to reports, Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal is looking for a private partner to run the train and provide world class service to all its passengers.
You can see the train parked at the Gomti Nagar railway station, which is currently under maintenance and if you’re vigilant enough you can also spot it parked from the top of Shaheed Path.
People are eagerly waiting for the train to become functional, as it will make travelling between Delhi and Lucknow very comfortable.
Subscribe to our newsletter
One of the best places in Lucknow to enjoy a calm and serene evening is the Gomti riverfront. The riverfront sees a large footfall everyday and is a preferred spot for family picnics and health enthusiasts who need a quiet place for a long walk. This February, the people of Lucknow saw Gomti Riverfront utilised to its full potential when a horde of demonstrations and exercises happened here during the Defence Expo 2020.
Lucknow has been going through several changes and a lot of development. From traffic to waste disposal and all of these have been aimed to make the city smarter and better. Under the smart city initiative, several new projects have made everyday life easier for the residents and have transformed the cityscape entirely.
Munick has come to be Lucknow's favourite Bavarian bistro and bar. This wonderful rustic place is a hub of good music, great vibes and a dine-in menu that can impress the haughtiest of epicures. With its consistent quality and service and all that it has to offer, Munick totally deserves to be in the list of your favourite places in the city. Now this piece of news we have for you, will totally make you rush to the place right away and will have you jumping with excitement.
Ever heard about an underground book fair? Unusual right? But there's one happening in your city & it's where you need to be right now.
With an aim to inculcate good reading habits amongst the people of Lucknow, UP Metro Rail Corporation has organised Lucknow's first underground metro book fair at the Hazratganj Metro Station & you just cannot miss it! To be a part of the book fair all you have to do is head to the Hazratganj Metro station, which is pretty amazing by the way.