After a pause of two months due to the COVID-19 crisis at hand, the centre has allowed domestic flight operations but this time, there are new rules and regulations to be followed. Lucknow's Chaudhary Charan Singh airport became functional again and flyers coming back to the city from anywhere across India, have been instructed to stay in home-quarantine for 2 weeks.
Paid bus services to be available
The concerned authorities have stated that paid bus services will be available at the airport to carry the commuters to their homes in the state and within the city. On the first day itself, Lucknow skies is said to have 16 flights in action, carrying almost 1500 passengers.
Divisional Commissioner Mukesh Meshram added, "All arriving passengers will have to declare if they have been tested for Covid-19 earlier or came in contact with any containment zone or patient recently. Based on self declaration, the health department will decide whether to quarantine passengers in Lucknow or send them for home-quarantine."
New Travel Guidelines
The centre is gradually rebooting travel services in the country but this time, there are new guidelines to be followed.
- All passengers to download 'Aarogya Setu' app
- Thermal screening at departure and arrival
- Use of face covers, following respiratory hygiene during travel
- Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board
- Asymptomatic passengers will self-monitor for 14 days and report, if they develop symptoms
- Symptomatics will be isolated at nearest health facility
- Those with moderate or severe symptoms will be admitted to dedicated Covid health facilities
- Those with mild symptoms can isolate at home/Covid states can also develop their own protocol with regard to quarantine, isolation as per their assessment
A message to all our readers
Just because the relaxations have eased out, doesn't mean that we've flattened the COVID-19 curve and surely, nobody would want to add to it. So if you're landing back in the city, please make sure to follow the directives to the T and these precautionary measures can save you and an entire community around. Oh and BTW, welcome back home!