To curtail the spread of the novel coronavirus, the Uttar Pradesh government has allowed home isolation for patients, under certain conditions. This decision has been initiated by the authorities keeping in sight the upsurge in the number of cases in the state. On Monday, the CM of Uttar Pradesh asked officials to allow home quarantine only if the established protocols are followed, in regards to the virus. As of now, asymptomatic patients can isolate in hotel rooms as well.
What's the News?
The government has also asked the Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) of all the districts to tie up with hotels, in view of the corona patients who are mildly affected by the virus and don't require urgent medical attention. The authorities have admitted that people are deliberately hiding their symptoms to escape government Covid-19 centres so these relaxations are being allowed. Among the single rooms, 25% of those will be reserved for women, children and for those who are between the age of 50 and 65 years. Pregnant women, patients above 65 years of age and those with comorbidities will not be admitted in hotels.
According to the press release of 10th July 2020, Hyatt Hotel in Gomti Nagar and few other hotels in Lucknow are no longer Covid care centres.
The cost of the hotel rooms have also been fixed- for a single room, the patient has to pay up ₹1,500 per day and a room with a double occupancy facility, will come at a cost of ₹2,000 a day. Apart from the room rent, a one-time amount of ₹2,000 will be charged by the health department for the medical facilities.
If a person is isolating at home, he/she needs to practise the below mentioned guidelines:
- A doctor needs to certify that the patient is asymptotic.
- Such a patient and his/her family should have the appropriate facilities to isolate at their own homes. The house should also be equipped with 2 washrooms.
- If the patient is running low on immunity due to reasons such as HIV AIDS, organ transplantation, chemotherapy etc., will not be permitted to isolate at home.
- The family needs to appoint a 24x7 care-giver to look after their needs.
- It is also compulsory for the quarantined family to be in regular contact with the concerned hospital.
- Anyone in contact with the affected person, including the care-giver of the family, needs to consult the concerned doctor for a prescription of Hydroxychloroquine Prophylaxis.
- Downloading Aarogya Setu app and keeping it active is advised by the authorities. Updating personal information on it, twice a day, is recommended.
- If the patient doesn't have access to a smartphone, he/she needs to keep the Control Room authorities updated about his/her health status.
- It is also advised to download the isolation app, developed by the health department.
- The patient needs to undertake the responsibility of monitoring his/her own health. He/She also needs to inform the District Surveillance Officer about their status.
- Patients in isolation need to fill up a self-declaration form and follow the quarantine guidelines religiously.
You can download the full guidelines below-
A message to all our readers
Even during such a grave situation at hand, the authorities are putting their best foot forward to make our lives convenient and in order to keep it that way, do follow the directives as suggested by the medical professionals. Even if you're stepping out for your essentials, do not forget your masks and sanitisers and maintaining a distance is an absolute must!