Chocolate Strawberry Mousse by Chef Sandhya: Let's celebrate Diwali with some innovative desserts
Shimmery Diwali vibes are in the air, while we feel the freshness of winters and radiant lights around us, and it's officially the time to rejoice! Now, what could more fulfilling if we make this time more wholesome by spending it with the fam and cooking innovative Diwali desserts!
And coming right from Sandhya's Kitchen and the chef's expertise is the recipe for Chocolate Strawberry Mousse! Sounds fascinating, doesn't it? Let's dive straight into its making:
What you need for Chocolate Strawberry Mousse
Sugar 35 gms
Gelatin 15 gms
Water 4 tbsps
Whipped cream 225 gms
Cooking Chocolate 100 gms
Chopped strawberry 50 gms
Strawberry essence 3-4 drops
Method of preparation:
1. Soak gelatin in 4 tbsps of water and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Melt the same on a double boiler.
3. Keep aside till it cools down to room temperature.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar together till it becomes fluffy.
5. Fold gelatin (at room temperature).
6. Add grated chocolate along with strawberry essence and strawberries.
7. Mix it all well.
8. Pour into small glasses and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
9. Garnish with fresh strawberry and chocolate cigars.
About Chef Sandhya's expertise
A seasoned professional in the hotel industry, Chef Sandhya Gupta is an IHM graduate, a professional food consultant and co-founder (with Abhishake Gupta) of Pat-A-Cake and Hot Kitchen.
The chef has had years of experience at eminent establishments like the Taj Palace, New Delhi and the Taj Mahal Hotel in Lucknow. Her skills as a baker and a culinary expert are awe-worthy, making her recipes worth exploring!