The authorities have already rolled out a budget of ₹15 crores for the mending of 10 roads under this program.
In a move to ensure easier and comfortable commute for the city folks, Public Works Department in Lucknow, will undertake restoration and beautification activities along 49 roads of Indira Nagar and Vikas Nagar. Slated for a start in the next 15 to 20 days, this project entails umpteen benefits for thousands of regular travellers. As per the available information, the authorities have already rolled out a budget of ₹15 crores for the repair and mending of 10 roads under this program.
Budget for the 39 other roads to be released soon
In the year 2018, Lucknow Municipal Corporation had proposed to hand over 126 roads to the Public Works Department. Since PWD did not have enough funds to take up this responsibility, the plans could not be materialised then. Now, the department has taken over the complete maintenance of 49 roads. PWD engineer, Manish Verma, informed that planned interventions for 10 of these roads will be executed in the next 2 to 3 weeks while the budget for the other roads will be released soon.
These 10 roads to be repaired under the 1st phase-
- 1.325-km-long road from Mama Chauraha to Vikas Nagar-turn via Khurram Nagar
- 1.250-km-long road from Mama Chauraha to Vikasnagar Bataha-turn
- 1.587-km-long stretch from Gulachin Mandir to Labour Adda on Khurram Nagar Road
- 1.200-km-long road from the side of Ring Road Post Office to Subhash Hospital via Sector-8
- 1.680-km-long road to Amrapali Crossing via D-Block Crossing
- 1.650-km-long stretch of Faizabad Road from Neelgiri Chauraha to Sector 25 Ring Road
- 1.100-km-long road from Shalimar Square to D-Block road via B-Block
- 0.465-km-long road to D-Block via Bhootnath Temple
- 2.830-km-long road from Lekhraj to D-Block Ring Road via Shalimar Square
- 1.425-km-long stretch of Sector-18 Ring Road (Aravalli Marg) from Faizabad Road via Indiranagar C-Block
Significant respite expected for the local residents
The roads in these areas have been lying unrepaired since a long time, causing great inconvenience to the daily commuters. Now, the news of the development work has brought great respite to the residents and travellers alike. It can be expected that the current project will amp up the locales of the two areas, besides easing vehicular movements.