Malls, food courts & theatres to be developed at bus stations in Lucknow & other UP cities

Malls, food courts & theatres to be developed at bus stations in Lucknow & other UP cities

24 bus stands in 16 UP districts will be upgraded with modern amenities to facilitate passengers and generate revenue.

Bus terminals in UP to get new state-of-the-art facilities with modern passenger amenities.

As per the plan, UP bus terminals will be clubbed with best-in-class facilities in form of semi-entertainment centres. Moreover, the UP bus terminals will boast deluxe facilities including a food court, mall, AC/non-AC waiting halls, cloakroom, ATMs, parcel room, police booth, medical emergency service and even theatres.

The bus terminal at Alambagh & Qaiserbagh in Lucknow was modernised recently is equipeed with state of the art facilities. A new mall developed by Shalimar group was recently inaugurated near the Alambagh Bus Terminal as well.

More about the scheme

Bus Stations in cities including Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Mathura, Varanasi, Kanpur, Agra, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Aligarh and Prayagraj will be upgraded in the first phase. In the second phase, 35 other terminals will be revamped under the new scheme.

Notably, the modernization of the bus terminals will be done under the public-private partnership (PPP) model. Furthermore, only 30% of the space in the bus terminals will be utilized for the construction of the facilities while the remaining 70% will be reserved for operations.

For now, UPSRTC is seeking clearance from the UP Cabinet regarding this decision after which it will roll out tenders for the upgradation of the bus stations.

To get all the latest content, download our mobile application. Available for both iOS & Android devices. 

Related Stories

No stories found.
Knocksense
www.knocksense.com