Lucknow Metro is all set to hit the tracks as soon as the situation permits!
In view of the outbreak of the Novel coronavirus, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation has taken several precautionary measures to obtain prime sanitation and hygiene standards in public interest. Setting up various protocols and arrangements to warrant a safe and hygienic travel, the Lucknow Metro is all prepared to hit the tracks as soon as the situation permits!
Lucknow's Metro is Ready!
In the backdrop of the rapid spread of the novel coronavirus, Lucknow's rapid public transport system has undertaken a number of measures and issued several guidelines to ensure safe travel for all its passengers. Though it is off the tracks right now, the 22 stationed transport system has an efficient plan to offer a safer travel option to Lucknowites.
Initiating the 'Hai Taiyaar Hum' campaign, the UPMRC has released a set of guidelines that would be followed at the metro stations, once operational, in order to minimise the threat of the spread of coronavirus. These guidelines include:
Sanitation of all high contact zones will be conducted every 4 hours
- Regular sanitation of all stations, platforms, ticket counter, ticket vending machine, railing, elevators, entry and exit points and all such high contact zones every 4 to 5 hours.
- Social distancing at the station, platform and inside the metro will be followed primarily to diminish the spread of virus. The room to maintain social distancing in the metro coaches, stations and platforms warrants it as a safer travel option than e-rickshaws and autos.
- Metro staff, security staff and housekeeping staff would not be allowed in the station premises without thermal scanning, face masks and gloves.
- On duty station controller, customer care assistant and security officials will take all precautionary measures before lending any help to the travellers.
- Only those passengers that have a green (safe) status in the Aarogya Setu mobile application will be permitted to travel
- All passenger tokens will be sanitised after every journey.
Green status in Aarogya Setu app mandatory for travel.
Apart from this, announcements through PAS to ensure safe distance between passengers will be conducted periodically and frequently. Posters and video messages on the stations will also be used to spread awareness about the virus, how it's transmitted and the precautions that should be taken to control this spread.