Indian Railways scheduled new Puja Trains to stagger passenger clutter this festive season.
Due to a surge in travel with the onset of the festive season in India, the railways have scheduled 392 special trains to bear and stagger the increased load. Amongst these, around 7 special puja trains have also been scheduled to holy destinations all across the country from Uttar Pradesh.
The list includes special trains that will run from Vaishno Devi to Varanasi via Lucknow, every Sunday, starting October 25. As scheduled by the Railway authorities, the trains will run in pairs and the return journey will be scheduled, every Tuesday, starting October 27. These trains will continue services until December 1. Other stops will include the stations of Udhampur, Jammuutvi, Pathankot Cantonment, Jalandhar Cantonment, Ludhiana, Ambala, Saharanpur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow and Sultanpur districts.
Besides this Train number 04421 / 04422 Lucknow-Anand Vihar Terminal-Lucknow will also ply travellers between the two cities.
Other trains scheduled from UP are:
- Train number 02581 Manduwadih-New Delhi Superfast
- Train number 05120 Manduwadih-Rameswaram special train
- Train Number 04997 Varanasi-Bhatinda Weekly Superfast Special Train
- Train number 05022 Gorakhpur-Shalimar weekly train
- Train Number 04611 / 04924 Gorakhpur-Chandigarh-Gorakhpur