Check full list of route and traffic diversions in Lucknow on Sunday
Traffic movement will be affected in Lucknow on Sunday (October 31) on account of a National Unity Day programme at the KD Singh Babu Stadium. The Deputy Commissioner of Traffic Police, Lucknow, Raees Akhtar has released an order to announce all restricted routes and alternate diversions applicable here. Due to the rehearsals of the event, the traffic movement was affected today also.
Diverted routes to ensure unhindered movement in Lucknow
A list of routes has been listed in Lucknow to ensure unhindered vehicular flow despite the partial road shut down. Reportedly, public movement between Ganj Square to Royal Hotel, Bapu Bhawan Square, Vidhan Sabha Marg and Novelty Lalbagh Square to Capital Square will be completely banned. Traffic will not be permitted to reach Hazratganj through the Janpath back alley, as well.
However, certain laxities may be awarded in special circumstances, added reports. According to the police order, all ambulances, fire brigade and school vehicles will be permitted movement during the Unity Day Parade schedules. For this, concerned authorities and officials need to reach out to the traffic control at 9454405155.
Traffic will be restricted on the following roads:
- The movement of buses from the KKC intersection towards Charbagh, Ravindralay and Rana Pratap intersection will be suspended
- Udayganj traffic coming from Sinchai Bhawan towards Annexe will be restricted. Additionally, vehicles coming from the Hussainganj intersection towards Lal Bahadur Shastri Tirahe and Sisendi Vidhan Sabha will also be stopped
- Traffic will be stalled from Bandariabagh crossroads towards Hazratganj
- Vehicular flow Kaiserbagh, from the side of Ashok Lat square to Hussainganj (Burlington) square or to Bapu Bhawan (Royal Hotel) square, will be restricted
- All movement from the Ganj intersection to Mayfair, towards Subhash / Parivartan Chowk intersection, will remain suspended
- The public will not be allowed to use the Sankalp Vatika Square route from Mahanagar, Nishatganj and Hazratganj Square, towards Vidhan Sabha Road
- Traffic from Golf Club Crossroads to Park Road, Hazratganj Chauraha will be checked. Similar orders will be imposed on traffic moving from Park Road intersection towards DSO intersection and Hazratganj
- The movement of cars and other vehicles from Edlop Square and Bank of India Square towards Alka Square will be restricted
- Traffic blocks will be seen from Lalbagh (Novelty) crossroads towards Mayfair square and from Capper Road Crossroads towards Balmiki Crossroads
- Movement restrictions at IT Chauraha, Kaiserbagh, from Chowk side Subhash Chauraha towards KD Singh Stadium, Hazratganj will be seen on Sunday
Public can use these alternate routes
- People are allowed to go through Loco Chauraha, Kunwar Jagdish, Alambagh or Sadar Chant, Abdul Hamid Chauraha, SN Over Bridge, Lalbatti, Bandaribagh, Golf Club, Gandhi Setu to reach the (1090) intersection.
- Unhindered movement will be permitted at the Lalbatti intersection or the Udaiganj intersection via Sadar Over Bridge.
- The Golf Club route, Sadar Chant from 1090 Chauraha or Lalbatti Chauraha will remain open for public.
- Basmandi, Natha Square, Subhash Square, Hanuman Setu Temple right from the intersection, Sushila Smritika, Sankalp Vatika or Sikanderbagh, Gandhi Setu (1090) via the intersection can further be used.
- No blocks will be on the Sisandi side and Kandhari Bazar/Noor Manzil side via Dr. Souza Road or Lalbagh
- Free movement will be permitted from Ganj intersection to Ashok Marg, Mirabai Marg, Sapru Marg Square, Sikanderbagh Square, Sankalp Vatika, Sushila
- Smritika, Hanuman Setu, Subhash Square. Left from Sankalp Vatika Tiraha, Baikunddham, PNT Sand Adda, Gandhi Setu (1090) will also remain open.
- Traffic flow is permitted from Jiamau, Golf Club, Bandaribagh, Lalbatti via SN Over Bridge Cantt
- Vehicles coming from Gomti Nagar to Sankalp Vatika, Sushila Smritika Tiraha, Hanuman Setu will not face any checks.