Ensuring easier vehicular movements during the second session of Vidhan Sabha in Lucknow, the officials have decided to restrict traffic movement across multiple routes in the city. As per the directives given by DCP Traffic Raees Akhtar, traffic has been blocked on a list of roads around the Vidhan Bhawan, in order to regulate the traffic. He further informed that the restraints will be functional from 9 AM in the morning to the time when the meeting ends.
Know about the restricted road below:
The second session of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council for the year 2020 commenced on Tuesday. It is expected that the meetings will be held for a period of 15 days and the traffic restrictions will be applicable for the same stretch of time. As per the available information, the following routes are closed for traffic-
- Badaribagh Chauraha to Rajbhawan, DSO Chauraha, Hazratganj, GPO and Vidhan Sabha
- DSO Chauraha to Hazratganj, GPO park and Vidhan Sabha Marg
- Hotel Royal Inn to Vidhan Sabha and Hazratganj Chauraha
- Sankalp Vatika Bridge to Mahanagar, Sikandarbagh, Hazratganj and Vidhan Sabha (for Bigger Vehicles)
- KKC Chauraha to Hussainganj, Hotel Royal Inn and Vidhan Sabha
- Gomti Nagar to Sikandarbagh, Hazratganj and Vidhan Sabha (for Bigger Vehicles)
- Sikandarbagh Chauraha to Hazratganj and Vidhan Sabha
- Parivartan Chowk (Hindi Sansthan) to Hazratganj and Vidhan Sabha
- DSO Chauraha to Sisendi Tiraha & Hotel Royal Inn
Check out the alternate roads available for your commute
The traffic police have released a comprehensive list of routes, which can be used when traffic stands obstructed on the aforesaid roads. According to it, commuters can travel via the following routes-
- From LabattI Chauraha to Cantt. & Golf Club Chauraha
- From Park Road to Mayfair crossing
- Route passing through Kaiserbagh Chauraha, Parivartan Chowk, Chiraiyya Jheel, Sulabh Chauraha and Cantt. Overbridge
- Route passing through Baikunth Dham, 1090, Gandhi Setu, Bandaribagh and Cantt.
- Baikunth Dham to Sankalp Vatika overbridge, Chiraiyya Jheel to Kaisarbagh & Gandhi Setu, Bandariya Bagh to Cantt
- Hazratganj Chauraha to Mayfair, Sikandarbagh & Hotel Royal Inn to Burlington Chauraha and Cantt.
- Route passing through Sikandarbagh Chauraha, Balu Adda, Gandhi Setu(1090) or Chiraiyya Jheel
While the specific timeline of restrictions is not known, it is anticipated that they will be operational till the state legislature concludes its present session. Besides the steps taken by the authorities, commuters can also contribute towards simplifying the situation by ensuring strict adherence to the traffic rules. An active and agile citizen can always help in solving public problems and mitigating the possibility of accidents.