The Mumbai local train railway network will be hampered due to heavy traffic, in view of the launch of girders at MCGM foot-over-bridge near Mahim station and a consequent power block from 01:10 hrs to 4:45 hrs on March 7. As per reports, this will affect all three suburban lines, including Western Railways, the Central (main) Railways and the Harbour lines. While some Western line services will be regulated, other local trains will remain cancelled on Sunday. Check the list here:
Power block and girder launch to impede local train services in Mumbai
The Chief Public Relations Officer of the Western Railways issued a press release informing about the changes in the local train schedule. The following list details about the trains that have been regulated or cancelled due to the repair and construction work:
- Train no. 02946 Okha- Mumbai Centra Special Train will be regulated by 15 minutes at Andheri station and will reach Mumbai Central station 10-15 minutes late.
- Train no. 02904 Amritsar- Mumbai Centra Special will be regulated by 10 minutes at Borivali Station. This too will terminate at Mumbai Central Station 10-15 minutes later than scheduled.
- BO 91297 Churchgate - Borivali 01:00 hrs local train from Churchgate will remain cancelled on Sunday. Train no. 90004 Borivali - Churchgate 03:50 hrs local train from Borivali station will remain cancelled.
- Train no 90002 Andheri– Churchgate local will depart from Anndhri at 4.25 hrs instead of its scheduled departure at 4.04 hrs after the block and will arrive at Churchgate at 5.02 hrs. This local will run as fast local instead of slow local.
- VR 91295 from Churchgate will be the last local heading north at night,00:50 hrs on March 7. It will reach at 02:30 hrs at Virar station.
Changed local timings on Sunday
Meanwhile, Central Railway services will stand affected due to a mega power block on Sunday.
Main Line alterations:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and Vidyavihar Up and Down slow trains from 10:55 AM to 3:55 PM:
- Down slow services from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus slated between 10:48 AM to 3:36 PM will ve diverted to the fast line between CMST and Vidyavihar sections. Halts at Masjid, Sandhurst Road, Chinchpokli, Curry Road and Vidyavihar will be skipped. From there on, it will be re-diverted to the Down slow line again.
- Up slow services from Ghatkopar from 10:40 AM to 3:52 PM will be diverted to the fast line between Vidyavihar.
- Services will not be available at Masjid, Sandhurst Road, Chinchpokli, Curry Road and Vidyavihar during the block.
Harbour Line alterations:
Kurla - Vashi Up and Down Harbour line services from 11:30 AM to 4:10 PM:
- Down Harbour line services from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus to Vashi/Belapur/Panvel between 10:34 AM and 3:39 PM and Up Harbour line services towards CSMT from Northern Vashi/Belapur/Panvel between 10:21 AM and 3:41 PM will remain suspended altogether.
- Only special services between CSMT-Kurla and Vash-Panvel sections will remain operational during the block.
- Harbour line commuters will be allowed to travel via the main Central and trans-harbour line from 10:00 AM t0 4:30 PM during the block on Sunday.