The traffic diversion trial will remain in action till 7 PM on December 12
Traffic in Kanpur will remain affected for the next 48 hours as the city police has launched a diversion trial plan in wake of the construction of an underground metro station at Nayaganj. Various pockets in the vicinity have recorded intense landlocks, with reports of huge jams coming from Phool Bagh and Narona intersections in Kanpur.
The diversion will remain in action till 7 PM on December 12 and Kanpurites are advised to keep a check on updates by UP Metro or Traffic Police to avoid congested roads and steer towards alternative routes.
Traffic Diversion in Kanpur to accommodate metro construction
Going by reports, two diversion plans on account of metro station construction are already active in Kanpur. These include the underground terminus at New Market and Bada Chauraha, both falling under the scope of the second phase of Kanpur Metro. Since the construction of a depot at Nayaganj is also on cards, the Kanpur traffic police has drafted and launched the trial to regulate vehicular movement here, in harmony with the development scheme.
As per reports, the plan has been inspected by UPMRC officials and ADCP Traffic Rahul Sweety. The UPMRC DGM of PR, Panchan Mishra informed that the proposed traffic diversion plan has been in force since 10 AM today and will continue till 7 PM on Sunday. During this time frame, these route alterations will be followed in Kanpur:
- The road between the Naron intersection and Agrasen Chauraha in the city will be barricaded. The movement will not be cusped at the Karachikhana diversion.
- Vehicles coming from Narona intersection towards LIC Building will be rerouted to Agrasen Chowk via Panchakki intersection and Jhadi Baba intersection.
- The traffic flowing between Narona intersection Panchakki Intersection will remain unaffected.
- Only one-way movement will be allowed on the stretch falling between Panchakki Intersection to Agrasen intersection.
- However, direct movement from Agrasen Chauraha to Narona intersection will be implemented via a narrow road or service lane running parallel to the barricades. This can be accessed only by two-wheelers.