Rajasthan Roadways has permitted to initiate interstate bus travel from Jaipur, along several routes amid the bettering conditions of the lockdown. Under the banner of 'Unlock 2' here, the bus services will take passengers from the Pink City to Delhi, Haryana, Punjab and Gujarat. As per reports, all buses will operate at 100% seating capacity on the listed routes, except Delhi. Jaipur to Delhi transport is limited at 50% capacity.
Interstate bus travel eased from Jaipur
Rajasthan Roadways had already permitted inter-district travel earlier to ease travel and transport within the state. On similar lines, this idea has been expanded to include a few inter-state destinations as well. According to the mapped schedule, buses for Delhi will ply frequently every 15 minutes from the Jaipur bus depot. Besides this, provisions and permissions are being sought to kickstart travel to Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
For now, the following buses routes have been 'unlocked' for inter-state travel from Jaipur:
- 3 buses from Jaipur to Ahmedabad daily. First departure at 6 AM, second at 1:45 PM.Evening operation to depart at 6 PM
- 2 services from Jaipur to Chandigarh: Departure at 6:54 AM in the morning at 6:25 in the evening.
- 2 busses from Jaipur to Amritsar: Departure at 7 AM and another one at 3:45 PM in the afternoon.
- 2 buses from Jaipur to Ludhiana: Departure at 9:54 AM. Second service at 9:25 PM at night.
- Jaipur to Bhiwani: Departure at 10:15 AM in the morning.
Book your tickets online to avoid crowded ticket counters
For the safety of all passengers, the facility of online booking has been made available. Commuters are encouraged to confirm their travel via this digital means to avoid overcrowding at booking counters, thereby, implementing the social distancing norms. An incentive, the Roadways has promised that passengers will get the benefit of 5% cashback on online booking. People can book their tickets now from the Rajasthan Roadways website. Besides this, the provision of purchasing tickets from counters will also be facilitated. Travelers can also get a ticket from the operators while sitting inside the bus.