The state has issued specific timings for supply of essential services to ensure adherence to COVID-19 protocols, with strictness.
In view of the surging rise of coronavirus infection, the Rajasthan government has imposed a 15-day lockdown, across the territory. Additional curbs and restrictions have been imposed in the state till May 31 to prevent a surge in COVID-19 cases, read reports. This implies that all activities in the state capital Jaipur and other Rajasthan districts will strictly be shut till May 24. Regulations or partial ease in norms will be allowed for the following week. However, all essential services have been exempted from the prohibitory orders.
COVID restrictions to stretch for an additional week in Rajasthan
Amid the increasing COVID cases in Rajasthan, the state has announced that all marriage ceremonies will remain banned till May 31. Public gatherings for weddings and celebrations at marriage ground will not be permitted either. Wedding ceremonies in Jaipur and other districts can only be performed at home and courts, with a limited number of 11 guests. Similarly, other celebrations, DJ gatherings, processions, or parties will remain suspended until the end of May.
The district police have been tasked to levy strict vigil in the city to ensure that people stay inside their homes. Those found roaming outside without any purpose will be dealt with strictness. To further ensure this, all essential services are directed to operate only according to the schedule established by the administration.
The following restricted timings have been ascertained to ensure the public does not flock on the streets all day long, citing the excuse of purchase of essential:
- Fruit and vegetable carts will be allowed to operate from 6 AM to 5 PM, all 7 days of the week.
- Grocery and food items shops will remain open from 6 AM to 11 AM, through the week
- Medical stores, medical equipment shops will remain open all seven days.
- Dairy and milk shops will be allowed to open from 6 AM to 11 AM and from 5 PM to 7 PM, every day.
- Government ration shops will be open without any holidays.
- Wholesale and retail shops related to food, grocery items, flour mills and cattle feed will be open from Monday to Friday from 6 AM to 11 AM.
- Shops retailing products required by farmers, fertilizers and agricultural implements will be opened from Monday to Thursday from 6 AM to 11 AM.
- Petrol pumps will remain open, but private vehicles will be able to fill diesel-petrol or gas from 7 AM to 12 noon only.
- Liquor shops will be open from 6 AM to 11 AM from Monday to Friday during this lockdown.
- Permission to distribute LPG cylinders will be from 6 AM to 5 PM.
People need to ensure that they conduct themselves according to COVID appropriate behaviour when stepping out. Double masking and social distancing are the need of the hour.
In addition to all these norms, the public must make note that a strict curfew will be imposed in Jaipur, Jodhpur and all other districts in Rajasthan during the weekends. All activities, except for those permitted, will remain cancelled without any relaxations.