This decision was taken at a meeting on Wednesday.
Amid concerns of the peaking numbers of COVID-19 cases in the state, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to seal hotspots in 15 major districts, including 12 hotspots in Lucknow.
This decision was undertaken at a meeting in Lucknow on Wednesday. The authorities have also given a verdict pertaining to the complete sealing of 12 major areas in Lucknow till15th of April.
Here are the hotspots in Lucknow which will be sealed for the next few days-
1. Alizaan Masjid area in Cantt
2. Mohammadi Masjid area in Wazirganj
3. Phoolbagh Masjid area in Qaiserbagh
4. Nazar Bagh Masjid area in Qaiserbagh
5. Mohammadi Masjid area in Saadatganj
6. Peer Baaka Masjid area in Talkatora
7. Khajoor Wali Masjid area in Triveni Nagar
8. Rajouli Masjid area in Gudamba
9. Vijay Khand, Gomti Nagar
10. Area near Dr. Iqbal Ahmad's clinic in Indira Nagar
11. Alina Enclave in Khurram Nagar
12. Area near IIM Power House
"All coronavirus hotspots in 15 districts will be completely sealed till April 15th. Only home delivery will be allowed. These are places where a number of cases have been found," Director, Information said. He also stated that no decision was taken pertaining to the extension of the ongoing lockdown.
Here is the press release-
Citizens, specifically of these areas, do take note that only home-delivery of essentials will be permitted and banks and other shops will be closed. Also, wearing of masks or covering the face when stepping out has become compulsory in Uttar Pradesh and a thorough scanning and sanitisation of areas will be carried out by the concerned departments.
Till the time the lockdown isn't completely lifted, we request you all to undertake the precautions as directed by the authorities. Keep your hands clean and sanitised and definitely, stay indoors until further notice.