Here's what you need to know-
The restoration works at the Pernem Tunnel has been settled and keeping this in sight, the train traffic on Goa's Konkan Railway route has been reinstated. 6 trains will be plying on this route yet again, which were halted for over a month because of a major landslide and heavy rains. The trains' operation on this course were channeled via Londa on South Western Railway and other routes.
The officials have issued a track fit certificate for this circuit
On September 15, the concerned authorities have issued a certificate of correctness and safety of the track. Trains are now functional via the Pernem tunnel between Pernem-Madure sections of North Goa, which is significantly reducing time travel.
The 6 trains which are now active on this route are-
- Train No. 02617 Ernakulam Jn. - H. Nizamuddin Special Express dated 15/09/2020 onwards will run on proper route via Madgaon - Roha - Panvel - Kalyan
- Train No. 02618 H. Nizamuddin - Ernakulam Jn. Special Express dated 15/09/2020 onwards will run on proper route via Kalyan - Panvel - Roha - Madgaon - Mangaluru Jn.
- Train No. 02284 H. Nizamuddin - Ernakulam Jn. Duranto Special Express dated 19/09/2020 onwards will run on proper route via Vasai Road - Panvel - Roha - Madgaon - Mangaluru Jn.
- Train No.02283 Ernakulam Jn. - H. Nizamuddin Duranto Special Express dated 22/09/2020 onwards will run on proper route via Mangaluru Jn. - Madgaon - Roha - Panvel - Vasai Road
- Train No. 02432 / 02431 New Delhi - Thiruvananthapuram Central - New Delhi Rajdhani Special will resume its service from 16/09/2020 onwards
- Train No. 06345 / 06346 Lokmanya Tilak (T) - Thiruvananthapuram Central - Lokmanya Tilak (T) Special Express will resume its service from 16/09/2020 onwards
Also according to reports, Train 02283 Ernakulam Junction-Hazrat Nizamuddin Duronto weekly special is slated to leave Ernakulam Junction from the 22nd of September onwards. It will operate on the normal route via Mangalore Junction-Madgaon-Roha-Panvel-Kalyan Junction.