Aiming to further clamp the infection rate in Goa, the state government has announced the extension of the ongoing curfew till July 19. While some relaxations have been offered to ease day-to-day dealings for the public, the larger restraints will be functional till 7 AM on July 19. Notably, gyms are permitted to reopen with 50% capacity and sports complexes are allowed to operate without an in-house audience. Besides, religious places will allow visitors with a cap of 15 people at a time.
Shops to open in the state between 7 AM & 7 PM
As per reports, the administration had declared last week that social, political, cultural gatherings, marriages and other functions of up to 100 people or 50% of the hall capacity will be allowed. Now, the relaxations have been further amplified with the reopening of gyms, religious places and sports complexes.
Reportedly, the District Magistrate of North Goa has released a comprehensive list of things that remain to be prohibited during the upcoming week. As a part of this, casinos, cinema, halls, schools, colleges, weekly markets will remain closed while shops are allowed to open between 7 AM to 7 PM.
Here's what's allowed & what's not-
- Retail centres dealing in medicines/drugs and associated activities
- Bars and restaurants with up to 50% capacity from 7 AM to 9 PM
- Indoor gyms up to 50% capacity
- Banks, insurance, customs clearance, ATMs, microfinance institutions
- Religious places with a cap of 15 people; necessary COVID caution to be ensured
- All healthcare centres (including AYUSH and veterinary hospitals and labs)
- Use of buses with a maximum capacity of 50%
- 2 drivers and 1 helper will be allowed with every goods vehicle (Such people will be checked for COVID-related symptoms and thermal scans will also be performed on them by police officials. Entry will be denied in case of possible infection)
What's not permitted:
- River cruises, waterpark & entertainment parks
- Spas/massage parlours
- Cinema halls, theatres, multiplexes
- Entertainment zones located inside shopping malls
- Schools, colleges, educational campuses and tuition centres for students (It is to be noted that examination of college students and competitive tests will be allowed, after proper permission from the government is procured)
- Weekly market
- Social, political, sports entertainment, academic, cultural and marriage functions and other congregations (not applicable for functions with a maximum of 100 people or 50% of the hall capacity, whichever is less)
- Gathering of five or more individuals at public places, other than official functions or unit permission from DM, SDM.
- Inter-state movement of individuals except: i) those having a COVID negative certificate with respect to a test done within 72 hours, prior to entry in Goa ii) people coming to Goa for medical emergencies with proper proof of the problem at hand