Indore's premier management institute takes up responsibility to manifest smart development with local administration here
The Indian Institute of Management in Indore has taken up an initiative to introduce the world to Indore's cleanliness model, touted to be the best in the country. In an agreement between IIM-Indore and IMC, the management institute has been tasked to increase the functionality, capacity and public utility of the civic body, furthering the identity of brand Indore in India and the world. IIM-Indore will devise a strategy with modern expertise to induct smart city development with local administration.
MoU signed by Municipal Corporation Commissioner & the Director of IIM
Indore has bagged the titular award of Swachh Bharat Survey for four consecutive years, pioneering the model of cleanliness in India. Boosting the smart city development here, in sync with its 'swach' identity in the world, Indore has set its target to develop the functionality of local authorities under the guidance of IIM. An MoU signed by Municipal Corporation Commissioner and the Director of IIM, the agencies will have to cooperate to execute two major facets; building onto the identity of Indore and increasing the working and functioning capacity of the IMC.
As per the agreement, both signatories will have to share managerial and technological ideas to bring about this development with ease. The details include severe tasks that will help Indore chart a strategic roadmap:
- Exchange of ideas and experiences to help IMC conduct tasks and bring about developments under the Smart City mission.
- To develop solid waste management modules which will lead the management of sanitation in other cities.
- To develop fundraising programs as a part of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- To study the impact of IMC's innovation activities and plans for civic betterment.
- Smart City Development will be brought about by workshops, research programs, seminars etc. Global case studies will be reviewed and executed through these.
- To implement IT experiments to ease and digitise the functioning of the Indore Municipal Corporation.
Besides bringing about these developments, in cooperation, IIM will also be tasked with the economic utilisation and allocation of resources to design management schemes. This will bring about a streamlined and systematic growth and development in Indore.