NEP 2020: UP Board Exams to now be conducted in a new pattern

NEP 2020: UP Board Exams to now be conducted in a new pattern

The examination of classes 9-10 in all the UP board schools will be rolled out in a new pattern, this academic year!

In a bid to improve the knowledge assessment system in schools, Uttar Pradesh Basic Higher Education has changed the pattern of UP Board exams. As per the New Education Policy 2020, the examination for classes 9 and 10 will now be conducted differently across all state board schools in Lucknow, Kanpur and other UP districts.

Read on to check the new question paper pattern and other changes in the state education system.

Changes in the question paper

According to reports, each question paper will now be divided into two sections, one for multiple-choice questions and another for descriptive ones. The MCQ section will account for 30% marks whereas the remaining 70% has been set aside for the long-answer type question.

To keep a check on the retaining knowledge of students, five tests will also be conducted in all the schools, each month. While three of these tests will have only MCQs, the other two tests will include lengthy questions to test the comprehensive understanding of the pupils.

Schools to complete syllabus by Jan 2023

Talking about the change, Secondary Education Minister Gulab Devi said, "The academic calendar will be uploaded on the websites of schools. Students will express their opinion on moral and relevant issues like human values, character building, patriotism, social service, life of great personalities, environment and water conservation, health and traffic rules."
Reportedly, all schools affiliated to UP board have been directed to complete the syllabus by January 20, 2023.

To minimise the school dropout rates, the 'School Chalo Abhiyan' will be carried out at all the UP board affiliated secondary schools across the state. In addition to this, the department is also mulling over starting career counselling sessions in schools.

-with inputs from IANS

To get all the latest content, download our mobile application. Available for both iOS & Android devices. 

Related Stories

No stories found.
Knocksense
www.knocksense.com