Coronavirus patients can now get admitted in private hospitals in Kanpur directly!
Coronavirus patients in Kanpur are no longer required to procure a receipt from Nagar Nigam integrated control room to secure a bed in private hospitals. Any individual that tests positive for the coronavirus infection can now simply seek direct admission to any facility across the district, read reports. At the same time, only 10% of beds will be reserved at private hospitals and will be allotted category-wise, by the integrated control room. Reportedly, this order will remain in effect till 30 June.
Integrated COVID Control Room to allot 70% of hospital beds
In an order issued by the government, Kanpur hospitals have been directed to paste the list of vacant beds outside their facilities from 8 AM to 4 PM, every day. Numbers also need to be updated on the website and the control room should be kept in the loop. Further private hospitals instructed to not charge any additional fee, over the rates subsidised and regulated by the government. Strict actions will be taken against hospitals and care centres in case of mon-adherence, the order read.
Besides this, the integrated Covid Command Centre will have the authority to allocate 70% of beds in health department hospitals, along with government and private medical colleges. The remaining 30% of the beds can be given out to patients, by the hospital authority, in the event of an emergency.
Patients who are in isolation will be constantly contacted by the control room and if someone's health worsens, they will be admitted immediately. Patients who will request free treatment from the control room will be also be admitted by them. The DM has ordered to follow this issued mandate, circulated by the Additional Chief Secretary.
At present, Kanpur's aggregate tally stands at 53,512 cases. About 1,517 new cases were reported on Thursday, raising the active caseload to 14,544 infections. As per reports, 37,947 recoveries and 1,021 deaths have also been reported here.