Traffic police personnel have decided to divert traffic across the city today due to the President's Lucknow visit. As per reports, while several prominent routes will remain closed due to security reasons, vehicular movement will be rechanneled to alternate routes to ensure that public movement is not disrupted. All road restrictions will be followed until the President's departure to Delhi on Tuesday evening.
Apart from this, helpline services have been initiated for critical patients who get stuck in traffic due to VIP movements. As per reports, emergency helpline numbers and police force will extend support to such patients and ensure special provisions to create safe passage for ambulances.
Traffic Diversion in Lucknow on Monday
Here is a list of all roads and passages that will remain closed in Lucknow during the next two days. Alternate routes and diversions have also been listed in lieu of the same:
- No vehicle will be permitted in the stretch between Hazratganj Crossing and Lok Bhawan. Traffic will be diverted towards Mayfair trisection or Park Road.
- Similarly, traffic from Royal Hotel Crossing towards Hazratganj Crossing will be diverted to the Sisendi trisection and Lal Bahadur Shastri trisection due to roadblock.
- Traffic restrictions will be enforced between Bandariyabagh Crossing to Raj Bhavan. Alternate routes will pass through the Gold Club crossing and Lal Bahadur trisection.
- Traffic from the Gandhi Setu towards Golf Club Crossing will be diverted to Sikandaerbagh Crossing and Chiraiya Jheel.
- The movement of heavy vehicles and buses from KKC College to Hazratganj will also be prohibited. These vehicles will be diverted to Cantonment and Kaiserbagh.
- All traffic from the Amausi VVIP turn towards Amausi Airport will be restricted. Traffic can cruise towards the domestic terminal turn.
Besides the district police, at least 2,500 personnel of central paramilitary forces and PAC have also been deployed to mitigate security and traffic concerns in Lucknow. The President is set to hold a meeting with the dignitaries and members of the judiciary, at Raj Bhawan, on the evening of June 28.
Traffic Police force raises alert in Lucknow during VIP visits
In an attempt to ensure safe passage for medical vans and ambulance during the visit of the President of India in Lucknow on Monday, the police department has chalked out an elaborate plan to dissolve bottlenecks, if any. As per the Lucknow Police Commissioner, policemen on duty and control room have been put on alert for the same. Emergency helpline numbers and additional police force have also been deployed to extend support.
This decision has been devised in wake of a recent unfortunate incident in Kanpur, where an ailing woman died after being caught in a traffic jam due to security concerns during the President's visit to the district on Saturday. Special provisions have thus been drafted to allow safe passage of citizens having medical conditions and emergencies.
Traffic officials on duty have been directed to ensure that no ambulance is stopped due to any reason. In the case of a security block, the force has to arrange for the quick passage of these vehicles via any of the diversion routes. "We have distributed emergency helpline numbers and have also deployed additional police force at two-three spots which are critical," he added.